Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This is Jerry. Named for Jerry Garcia. I don't call myself a Deadhead. And Deadheads wouldn't call me a Deadhead but I enjoy the music occasionally and had a grand time on tour...once.
This is Bob. Named for Bob Weir: the other guitarist for the Grateful Dead. While Garcia was a force of inspiration for many musicians, to be admired for his contribution beyond the meandering guitar riffs, Weir was just plain Hot Stuff. Guitar, great legs, big shoulders. Sigh. What's a woman to do?
My Bobby is the explorer of the pair. Let me put is this way....it wasn't curiosity that killed the cat...it was a frustrated owner pulling the little shitter off the bird cage again.
This is Jerry when I first brought him home from the Humane Society. Go ahead....say it....'awwwwww'. They were more than just cute though, Bob and Jerry. They were sweet, calm and gentle kittens. Very unusual. While the other kitties were climbing their cages and wrestling with their mates, these two watched me with big eyes. When I held them, they sat unmoving in my arms. Even turning them on their backs did not encourage squirming and wriggling. They just watched as I kissed their fuzzy tummies. I knew I had found my match.
It was all a facade, of course. Now that they have me in their furry little clutches, they are plotting to take over the world.


3 Comments:

Blogger Thisisnotmydog said...

I wanna make you smile
Whenever you're sad
Carry you around
When your arthritis is bad

All I wanna do is grow old with you.

7:15 AM  
Blogger irenie said...

If I had a cat, I'd surely name it Bob!
Welcome to blogspot!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Joe Erjavec said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! (irenie let us know you were here.)

Have fun writing!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home